admin, February 6, 2017
This post is made possible by Jewelryroom, the best Jewelry Online Auctions in the internet.
1 lb (500 g) chicken
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
5 quarts (5 L) water
– Cut the chicken in half. Place the chicken, celery, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Add the water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, removing the froth from the top with a slotted spoon.
– Remove the chicken from the pot and reserve for use in other dishes.
– Strain the broth through a fine sieve. Cool the broth, then cover and refrigerate.
– Keep refrigerated or freeze in small containers. Broth will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
– Makes 3 to 4 quarts (3 to 4 L).
Preparation Time: 15.MInutES
Cooking Time : 2½.HourS
Note: This recipe is originally from the revised edition of Antonietta Terrigno’s previous
book entitled Italian Cooking, Classic Recipes, printed in May, 2005. Soups and risottos are only as good as the broth or stock used to make them.
This basic chicken stock will add rich flavor to your recipes.